Welcome to Math Lab!

A very big welcome to educators, parents and students! Thinking out loud... I will post inspirations, challenges, ideas, tips for home, cool websites, and those special moments that happen every day. Moments that continue to solidify my love of spending my days teaching and learning from such bright and inspiring little souls!

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Learning with Miss Spider - Turkey patterns and Super Sentences!

We have been very busy and I have been neglecting the Blog! I hope to make up for that with a couple of posts to catch you up!

It was great to see so many parents at the Student-Led Conferences! I know how excited the students were to show off their hard work! Don't forget you are welcome to come in any time to look at your child's progress and/or to chat with me about any questions, concerns, or curiosities you may have.

Our Grade One Miss Spider bulletin board has grown to include our math word problems, our Miss Spider party lists, and our spider doubles in math. I will take one more picture of the finished product before we start to dismantle it for our new work.

The Grade Two turkey feather patterns have already gone home along with the artful number patterns that followed shortly after. We used a T chart to display the growing or shrinking patterns of the feathers on each turkey. The number art patterns were a little more challenging but I had confidence in everyone's ability and determination. Everybody rose to the challenge and they did a wonderful job!

The last picture shows how the grade twos have been building Super Sentences with details! In our sentences we try to include the noun, a verb, adjectives, and words that tell when and where! When we mixed up our sentences and read the details we laughed at the very silly, mixed up sentences.

My next post will show our counting songs! Stay tuned!








No comments:

Post a Comment