Welcome to Math Lab!

A very big welcome to educators, parents and students! Thinking out loud... I will post inspirations, challenges, ideas, tips for home, cool websites, and those special moments that happen every day. Moments that continue to solidify my love of spending my days teaching and learning from such bright and inspiring little souls!

Tuesday 31 January 2012

Puppet Perfection!


I couldn't pick just one!  I was too proud and I had to show off our grade two creativity and brilliance!  I did show them how to make the hair but the rest I left up to them... and I couldn't have hoped for a more perfect set of puppets!!!

In language we are reviewing fiction and non-fiction books and the features of each.  After reading a non-fiction book about puppets we were inspired to make our own!  The students will be reading the book again, on their own, as research for their writing task.  Tomorrow we will start our "Explanation" of our puppets.  The students will explain the design and how they work. We have been talking about how we write an explanation.  The students will be asked to write this text form for our next writing assessment. 

I hope they are eager to start the writing.  I reminded them of the wonderful and creative explanations that they were sharing when talking about their puppets.  Hopefully they will use those imaginative ideas in their writing!  Can you guess which one is the fashion model?  Maybe you can find the snake or the puppet who is eating a chicken...yes I said chicken!?  Ask your child to tell you all about their puppet!  Is it a stick puppet or a hand puppet?  What are the differences?  That's enough talking...scroll down and meet our new friends!!!

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment