Welcome to Math Lab!

A very big welcome to educators, parents and students! Thinking out loud... I will post inspirations, challenges, ideas, tips for home, cool websites, and those special moments that happen every day. Moments that continue to solidify my love of spending my days teaching and learning from such bright and inspiring little souls!

Thursday 2 February 2012

So Proud of Our Little Swimmers!

I just wanted to take the opportunity to let you know how proud I am of all the students!  The grade ones and twos were all on their best behaviour for our first day of swimming.  I was especially proud of the grade one, non-swimmers!  A few parents were justifiably concerned about their child's fear of water but let me tell you (because I saw it with my own eyes) there is nothing to worry about!  They were very brave and perfectly safe!  I was amazed when I walked in at the end of their session and I saw every swimmer in the water using pool noodles and NO LIFE JACKETS!  Not a single child was clinging to the back of an instructor and they looked like they were seasoned swimmers!  No life jackets...No clinging...that was a first for me!  I was SO PROUD!


I was with the grade twos for their swim session and they had a blast playing water games with the instructors!  Next week they will be put into their groups and the "hard work" will begin! :)  I think we may have a class of fish!!!  What great swimmers...so proud of each of them!

P.S. If you come to watch a session....wear your T-shirt and shorts!  They like to keep the pool area WARM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment