Welcome to Math Lab!

A very big welcome to educators, parents and students! Thinking out loud... I will post inspirations, challenges, ideas, tips for home, cool websites, and those special moments that happen every day. Moments that continue to solidify my love of spending my days teaching and learning from such bright and inspiring little souls!

Thursday 3 November 2011

November News!

Poppies for November or my way of avoiding the dishes?!  I'm not telling but I do hope you like the blogs new look just the same!  ...Like my classroom, it probably won't stay the same for long!

I am so proud of the students and the progress they have made since September!  We are working hard on our writing, reading, and math skills and doing our best to squeeze learning into every minute of our half day together!

Both grades are really enjoying the new language learning stations I introduced this week.  We have word ladders, word wall races, writing activities, word wall word shopping, and the list goes on!  Our math learning stations are also greeted with the same excitement!  The students are learning to listen carefully and to follow multiple step instructions.  They get to work independently and with a friend and they are learning to follow a list of what needs to be worked on after a learning station has been completed.  I hope to post pictures of our learning stations soon. (I will not include pictures of the students for privacy reasons.)

I hope you have had a chance to look over the November calendars I sent home for language and math.  Please remember that these are ideas and activities that you can use to suit your family and child.  I will encourage you to try one of each type of activity so that you can see how your child is doing with each skill.  The math newsletters I send home will also give you an idea of the specific goals we are trying to achieve.  A focus for this month will be coming home soon in a math newsletter.  I would like the students to get very comfortable with numbers and combinations of numbers.  Addition and subtraction strategies are a challenging concept to master so any practise you can squeeze in at home would be an asset to your child's growth in math.

All of the ideas, websites, and activities I send home are simply my way of trying to INSPIRE you and your child!  I hope that you have found inspiration with one or two!!!

November already...it's hard to believe!  Wishing you warmth and good health as the colder weather moves in around us!



No comments:

Post a Comment